WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE FOR HIPSWELL CEMETERY
The cemetery is managed by the Joint Burial Authority of Colburn, Hipswell and Scotton. The Burial Authority is made up of parish councillor representatives from Colburn, Hipswell and Scotton.
Our cemetery was established in 1958 for the provision of burial plots for residents of the three parishes’.
The cemetery is made up of different sections, see plan of cemetery for more details, an additional annex to the cemetery was consecrated on 4th August 2007 by the Right Reverend John, Bishop of Ripon and Leeds and opened for burials in July 2020, the layout for the new cemetery can be found here.
If you would like to search for a grave please consult the register of burials.
The clerk for the Burial Authority is Bev Partridge. All enquiries concerning the cemetery should be sent to Bev via email or mobile phone. Bev Partridge (Clerk) CHSJBA@outlook.com 07811 353561.
Any instances relating to damage/loss to graves or memorial stones must be reported the the burial board and appropriate action will be taken with the authorities.